Welcome to the Old Placidians’ Association
Old Placidians’ Association is an Alumni organization of ex-students of St. Placid’s High School, Chittagong, Bangladesh which is formed in the Year 1955. Any person who studied at St. Placid’s High School for at least 3 years may join the association. Now there are 1900+ life members that exist in this association. Every three years this Association organizes a wonderful reunion for OPA members.
History of St. Placid’s High School in brief: Saint Placid’s High School founded much more than a century ago by the Anglo-Belgian Benedictines (and named after Placid, a Benedictine Saint of the 6th century) was one of the first schools taken over by the Religious of Holy Cross in 1853. One of the outstanding educators in the history of St. Placid’s was a devoted Anglo-Indian named Felix Fernandez. This well educated young man, at the earnest request of the Benedictines, gave up bright prospects of success for nineteen years, until his untimely death at the age of 43, gave the best of him to the noble cause of education. Between 1889 and 1920, fifteen headmasters succeeded one another. On the 10th of January 1922, Rev. Fr. Boulay handed over the direction of the school to Rev. Br. Ambrose who during many years was the mainstay as headmaster and teacher, thus the entire responsibility of the institution was placed in the hands of the brothers since the arrival of Holy Cross in Bengal in 1853.
Click here to view our photo albums.
Donate for our social service activities.
If you have any questions or would like to be part of OPA please feel free to contact us.
OPA Literacy School (OLS)
Education opens the door of enlightenment. Enlightenment for family, society and the nation. With this view in mind, Old Placidian’s Association (OPA) established the OPA Literacy School on January 14, 1992. Let us all join our hands and make the OPA Literacy Center our own organization, feel proud of it and make it into an iconic institution of the country. Let the dream survive.